Kidd Valley's made-to-order burgers and hand-mixed shakes can be traced back to the fishing trips founder John Morris took with his father as a youngster.
A favorite spot for Morris's family was Camp Kid, an old logging camp at the base of Mt. St. Helens, which was located near a primitive 1950's general store that served freshly-made burgers and delicious milkshakes.
Morris's fondness for the tasty burgers and shakes served up at the general store stuck with him into college.
Those memories were triggered within Morris one day in 1975, when he spotted a "For Sale" sign in the window of a former Dairy Delight in Seattle's U-District. Realizing that Seattle had yet to develop its own specialty hamburger or milkshake, Morris opened Seattle's first Kidd Valley hamburger restaurant at 5502 25th Ave NE in 1975.
Morris sold his Kidd Valley restaurants in 1989, which have continued with his vision of freshly prepared burgers, sandwiches, side orders and hand-mixed milkshakes.
Kidd Valley ... with its made-to-order burgers and hand-mixed shakes, can be traced back to the fishing trips founder John Morris took with his family as a youngster. A favorite spot was Kid Valley Campground, an old logging camp at the base of Mt. St. Helens. It was located near a 1950s era general store that served freshly-made burgers and delicious milkshakes.
In 1975, acting on his memories for tasty burgers and shakes, Morris purchased the former Dairy Delite burger stand in Seattle’s University District. Realizing Seattle had yet to establish its own specialty burger and milkshake icon, he opened the first KV in the U-District.
Since that time, Kidd Valley has been serving the best burgers, sandwiches, shakes and sides in the Northwest ... feeding the kid in everyone.